A business which takes no regular inventory usually goes broke. Taking commercial inventory is a fact-finding and a fact-facing process. It is an effort to discover the truth about the stock-in-trade. One object is to disclose damaged or unsalable goods, to get rid of them promptly and without regret. If the owner of the business is to be successful, he cannot fool himself about values.
We did exactly the same thing with our lives. We took stock honestly. First, we searched out the flaws in our make-up which caused our failure. Being convinced that self, manifested in various ways, was what had defeated us, we considered its common manifestations.
A.A. Big Book, p. 64
from a post by my friend Chris J
Positive Statements about Reducing or Eliminating my Drug Use
1. I take full responsibility for my drug intake.
2. I will look for and accept help in my efforts to control or eliminate my drug intake.
3. I accept the idea that drugs are doing me more harm than good.
4. I am free from the need to please other people in regards to my drug use.
5. I am free from my drug addiction.
6. I am happy with who I am
7. I look inside myself for happiness
8. I am in control of my own life
9. I respect my body
10. I am loved by everyone around me
11. I have the natural ability to stay in control
12. I always make sure to only align myself with people who support me
13. I deserve to be free of drugs
14. I have forgiven myself for all that I did while I was possessed by drugs
15. Being free of drugs has been an improvement in my life